From blogs to books, I’ve written it all. Here’s a sampling of digital and corporate projects I have designed, researched, written and project-managed.
Chicago city guide for Blacklane, the on-demand chauffeur service, June 19, 2019
Small business operations and finance for the Kabbage blog, 2017 Kabbage Blog 2017
Home selling and related trends, for the USRealty.com blog from 2014 – 2017
- USRealty(dot)com blog – How to Not Lose $51,000 | USRealty.com
- USRealty (dot)com blog – Should you High-Five a High Appraisal? | USRealty.com
- USRealty(dot)com blog – What to Say When a Local Realty Agent Claims She’s Got A Secret Buyer for Your House. Really? | USRealty.com
- USRealty(dot)com blog – How to Sell A House in 10 Days | USRealty.com
Personal finance for U.S. News & World Report’s finance and investment channel, including these timely articles:
- How Couples Should Work Together on Finances
- USNews 5 Ways to Invest in LGBT Rights for Great Returns – US News
- USNews 5 Ways Active Managers Steer Mutual Funds Effectively – US News USNew 9
- Money Faux Pas to Avoid at Holiday Gatherings – US News
- USNews – Why 2 Percent Is the New 4 Percent for Investors – US News
Nationwide’s “In the the Nation” consumer lifestyle and finance channel, including these helpful posts:
- Nationwide – Safety Tips for the Holidays
- Nationwide – Your Guide to Creating a Home Inventory List
- Nationwide – Insurance Tips: What’s Truly Valuable in Your House?
“Money Matters Monday” brought BobVila.com readers smart strategies for managing their investment in their homes, like these classic posts:
- 5 improvements that aren’t BobVila Jan ‘13
- BV – FHA Financing for Renovations – Bob Vila
- BV – How To: (Really) Win a Bidding War – Bob Vila
- BV – Put an Appraiser on your Remodeling Team – Bob’s Blogs
Women Drivers ran at (now defunct) Bnet in 2010 and 2011, and lives on in the archives of CBS Moneywatch.
I showed cost-conscious home sellers how to sell their homes on their own through the ForSaleByOwner.com blog, from June 2010 through February 21, 2012.
USRealty.com is transforming residential real estate with a new, hybrid model that enables homeowners to DIY their sale and save thousands of dollars in home equity. I collaborated with executives and the tech team on content strategy, execution, graphic development, writing, editing and production. That included writing the scripts for USRealty.com videos that explain how the service works and producing this white paper, ROI Power USRealty for investors in single-family home portfolios.
When Tribune Digital decided to expand from simply listing job postings offering a full-fledged recruiting service, I wrote engaging copy for the launch of the new operation’s website. Progenuity copy ranged from snappy headlines to useful tips for both employers and job seekers, ensuring that everyone who comes to the site finds content that meets their needs.
The housing market is in a state of confusion, which means that homeowners can’t rely on the usual sources to figure out how much their homes are worth. I designed, wrote, and project-managed this Pricing Guide to help homeowners figure what their homes are worth. The Pricing Guide was cited by national media as a uniquely useful tool for home buyers and sellers.
Entrepreneurs crave news they can use – and smart companies use content marketing to give business owners relevant information. This piece for the Equifax is a great example of authoritative content that shows clients and potential clients that Equifax understands their business concerns. Starting a Small Business by Franchising: Five Questions to Ask | Equifax Finance Blog
Reports & White Papers
Need to position your company as a thought leader? I can help you do that!
SAGE, the academic publisher, has launched an online business library of reports on current business topics and trends. As I researched and wrote this February, 2016 report on meetings (Meetings – SAGE Business – Cleaver .compressed ) I learned that it’s really true: we meet, therefore we are. And in this October, 2016 report on advancing women to the C-suite, it’s clear that culture is the determining factor. Download the report here:
- The main report: women-in-management-sage-business-researcher-compressed
- A sidebar on women in STEM leadership: sage-women-still-lag-in-tech-fields-sage-business-researcher-compressed
- A sidebar on men as advocates for women: sage-should-men-advocate-for-more-female-leaders-sage-business-researcher
- And a Q&A with a woman CEO: expert-views-qa-serafina-schorer-on-running-a-company-sage-business-researcher
Precise Advertising Transforms Possibilities into Priorities into Purchases, for digital advertising agency AdTaxi : Ad-Taxi- Precise Advertising 2015
Action Plan for Newspapers brought Ebyline’s message of operational efficiency to newspaper executives.
On the Record shows how women are the ‘secret weapon’ for getting an organizational message out through media interviews.
Editing and Communication Strategy
Organizations and companies push out ever-more content to ever-wider audiences. It can be hard to stay on point. I’ve collaborated with organizations like the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform to refresh their focus, language and style. Results include more people spending more time with the articles, and catching the interest of major media outlets for subsequent reference and interviews.